The Eco Mini Vinnie Team
What do Mini Vinnies do?
1) Mini Vinnies puts the word of God into action.
2) Mini Vinnies use prayer as worship in all meetings and all that they do.
3) Mini Vinnies bear witness to the word of God by seeking and finding those in need.
4) Mini Vinnies is about welcoming those who are forgotten.
5) Mini Vinnies put the welfare of others as their priority.
‘Loving, Serving and Growing Together with Jesus’ and the values of St Bernadette’s.
The Eco Mini Vinnie Team made up of fourteen pupils from Years Four to Six who are passionate about the environment and God’s creation. The main purpose of this team is to help to promote the importance of looking after our school environment, the local environment and the wider world environment by being part of and leading Eco projects.
They also help to support in the development and maintenance of the new school Prayer Garden, our school Forest Environmental Area and the school grounds, always keeping in mind the wonder of God’s amazing creation and how we should enjoy and respect it.
This year we have run a ‘Switch Off Fortnight’ campaign where we encouraged the whole school community to save energy and ‘Switch it Off’ which proved very successful.
We are currently growing vegetables in our school allotment area and are planning an anti-litter campaign and community litter pick.
‘Loving, Caring and looking after God’s World’