A fantastic Limerick about our fantastic school
We can't wait to be back either!
Our school is a great place to be,
With fun things to do and to see,
But Boris did say,
At home we must stay,
Can’t wait to be back when we are free!
By Robert and Matthew
Stone Age WOW Day
In year 3, we had a whole day dedicated to immersing ourselves in our new Our World topic of The Stone Age.
We learned about the world's first artists and the struggles they faced to create their amazing artworks.
- How did they make paints?
- What materials did they use to paint?
- What did they paint?
- We learnt how to model with clay to create Neolithic pots.
- We used slip to smooth our designs.
- We explored a variety of patterns and textures to decorate the pots.
We even recreated some of their art work ourselves - creating a beautiful mural in the classroom.
Tea Staining Paper
In preparation for our WOW day, the children of Kangaroo class spent the afternoon tea-staining paper to give it an ancient, weathered look.